Certified Building Inspector / Cost of Repair Estimator / Graphic Designer
Kevyn Horton has over 10 years of hands-on construction experience, including construction forensic investigation, destructive testing, cost estimating, and repair design. His broad range of experience gives a critical view of integration issues that are at the source of most construction defects. His experience includes the following:
- Performed forensic investigations and destructive testing for over 40 litigated cases in the categories of decks, roofs, stucco, siding, window & door integrations, waterproofing, and building envelope.
- Generated cost-of-repair estimates for multiple construction defect cases of up to $6 million
- Successful trial experience, which includes designing and preparing trial presentation (PowerPoint) which resulted in the waterproofing subcontractor receiving zero responsibility
- Plan review, consultation, design and inspections of roofing and waterproofing systems for a 60-story mixed use high-rise in New York
- Design details and provide QC inspections of above & below-grade waterproofing systems for multimillion-dollar single-family residences
- Repair of failing waterproofing systems in Northern & Southern California, which includes: exterior balcony and entry decks of mid-rise condos, podium and garage decks of mid-rise developments, commercial kitchen in multi-level high-rise, and industrial decks in water-treatment facility
- Project manager for a residential construction company building 2-story and 3-story single-family custom homes in Southern California
- Construction estimator for residential construction company
- Other trade experience includes concrete forming & finishing, framing, roofing, lath & stucco, plumbing, tile, finish carpentry and millwork.
- 2006 ICC Certified Building Inspector – #8011357
- Professional Member of Construction Specifications Institute
- Professional Member of International Code Council