Project Manager / Curtainwall & Window Expert / Cost of Repair Estimator
Jim Cassell has over 30 years in construction as a curtainwall and window expert with extensive construction litigation experience on multiple projects. These projects included the following responsibilities:
- Project manager and in-house fenestration expert; responsible for window manufacturer, developer and subcontractor coordination.
- Designated fenestration expert with specialized experience in construction defect litigation.
- Provided expert testimony in various construction defect cases.
- Builders: Colric / Pulte; Greystone / Lennar; Shea; Kaufman & Broad; Pardee.
- Law Offices: Lepper-Harrington; Van de Poel & Levy; Borton, Petrini & Conron; Jackson & Wallace; Archer-Norris; Perlstein-Stewart; Drath-Clifford; Koletsky, Mancini, Feldman & Morrow; Campbell, Volk & Lauter; Murchison-Cummin.
- Clients – Residential: Milgard, Rylock, Sunair, Alwindor, ABC, Philips, Eagle, Weathermaster, Betterbilt
- Clients – Commercial: Kawneer, Arcadia, US Aluminum, Fleetwood and Vistawall
- Performed condition assessment & quality control on numerous projects, including high rise hotels and condominiums across multiple states (OR, CA, NV).
- Performed peer review on architectural and subcontractor drawings and specifications.
- Assisted in settling many cases where client’s exposure was both small and large, ranging from tens of thousands to over a million in dollar value.
- Currently serving on the ASTM Sub-Committee of E06-Performance of Buildings and assisting in the editing and publication of standard E-2112.
- Visual and destructive testing of both plaintiff and defense allegation/allocation reports.
- Conducted water tests, visual inspections and destructive testing, creating summary matrices, cost of repair analysis and development of both scope of repair and cost of repair.
- Fabrication and installation of glazing products for both residential and commercial jobs, including numerous high-rise constructions.
- Fabrication and installation of automatic doors for casinos, retail stores and hospitals.
- Professional Member of AAMA
- Professional Member of ASTM, sub-committee member